The features and amenities that buyers expect in Scottsdale luxury homes changes constantly. What was popular five years ago is quite different from what is expected today. The hot trends during 2011 in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley homes include:
- 2 separate offices in the home. His and her offices are all the rage right now.
- 4-6 car garages. 3 car garages are simply not enough for today’s luxury buyers
- Master suite with 2 separate his and her bathrooms – this is the ultimate luxury that sweeps home buyers off their feet.
- Two family rooms – generally there will be one for adults and one for children. Each group gets their own space for lounging, reading, watching TV or playing video games.
- Every bedroom must have its own attached bathroom. “Jack and Jill” suites that have 2 bedrooms sharing an adjoining bathroom are frowned upon by today’s luxury buyer
The past trends which are definitely out include
- Theater rooms – people are realizing that they are rarely used and thus just a waste of space. The second family room is utilized much more often
- Tennis courts – not as popular of a sport these days
- Huge amount of square footage.
Today’s luxury homes in Paradise Valley and Scottsdale definitely reflect a trend towards a smaller home built to a higher standard with fabulous amenities. The large vacuous homes are a thing of the past.
If you are considering purchasing a luxury home in Paradise Valley or Scottsdale, call me at (602) 791-0536 for a personalized approach to home shopping. I treat my luxury clients to white glove service. I know you are busy and deserve exceptional service.
Carmen Brodeur JD
Trillium Properties, LLC
9825 E Bell Road, Suite 120, Scottsdale AZ 85260