Desert Mountain Club made significant changes to the membership model this month. The Club members voted to restructure the memberships to an initial contribution and eliminate the $65,000 transfer fee upon exiting the club. As of April 1st, 2021 the new membership program is as follows:
- The transfer fee of $65,000 when exiting the Club has been eliminated.
- Members are no longer required to replace themselves with another member before exiting the Club.
- The market based pricing program is no longer in effect. The market based pricing started 7 years ago and the price of a golf membership changed on a monthly basis based on demand.
- Each level of membership will now have a set initiation fee.
- The target number of members has been reduced. The new membership caps at the Club are: 1950 Golf members, 220 Lifestyle members, and 50 Seven Golf members.
- Current members voted to pay a one time capital and operating reserve fee as follows: Golf members – $4500, Seven Golf members – $3,375 and Lifestyle members – $2,250.
- New membership resignation program – a member may exit the Club with a 12 month notice of resignation. Members are eligible to exit earlier in the event of a waitlist for incoming members or by transferring their membership with the sale of a home.
The new membership initiation fees are:
Full Golf Membership – $70,000 initial contribution (including a $5000 capital and operating reserve fee)
Seven Golf Membership – $33,750 initial contribution (including a $3,750 capital and operating reserve fee)
Lifestyle (Social) Membership – $22,500 initial contribution (including a $2,500 capital and operating reserve fee)
Click to see more information about the Desert Mountain memberships or compare prices of Scottsdale golf memberships. I represent buyers throughout all of the top golf clubs in Scottsdale. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Carmen Brodeur JD
Trillium Properties, LLC
9825 E Bell Road, Suite 120, Scottsdale AZ 85260
Cell (602) 791-0536