There are tons of new construction opportunities in prestigious Scottsdale communities and many buyers like the idea of purchasing a brand-new, never-lived-in home. It is easy to think that using a buyer’s agent may not be necessary when purchasing new construction since you can work directly with the builder. However, having your own Scottsdale Realtor can save you a lot of trouble. Here are 10 ways an experienced Realtor can help you purchase a new construction home:
- Finding homes that meet your criteria – Not all new construction homes are the same. Your Realtor can find new homes in the area with the features that you want.
- Suggesting the right builders – Similarly, not all home builders are the same. A Realtor with experience will know which builders have a reputation for delivering a quality product and are financially stable.
- Getting you better deals on your home – Though builders tend to be pretty inflexible about price, a Realtor with strong negotiation skills may be able to get you deals on upgrades. The right Realtor may even know where there is room to negotiate the price with certain builders.
- Bringing more weight to the negotiating table – Builders may be more willing to negotiate with a Realtor since they benefit the builders directly by bringing in a steady supply of buyers.
- Assisting in the lending process – A buyer’s agent may be able to assist you by attending lender meetings with you, expediting required documents and scheduling visits.
- Understanding the home buying process – In general, there are tons of legal complexities involved in purchasing new construction, just as there are when buying a pre-owned home. An experienced Realtor understands and can walk you through the process.
- Knowing the area – A Realtor can provide you with information about the area that will help you choose the right new construction home.
- Helping with design choices – You may be facing a ton of design choices when purchasing new construction. Your buyer’s agent will be able to advise you as to which upgrades will increase the value of your home.
- Accompanying you at the building site – When it comes time to okay the plumbing and electrical locations in the home, having an experienced Realtor with you can help you spot issues you may not have noticed on your own.
- Providing quality service at no cost to you –. It simply makes sense to get help from a professional who has your best interests in mind, especially since the builder often pays the agent’s commission.
When making a significant investment in a home you will have to live in and see every day, it is important to use an experienced and dedicated Scottsdale Realtor. Make sure to call the Scottsdale real estate specialists at Trillium Properties if you are considering purchasing new construction in Scottsdale. We can be reached at (602) 791-0536.
Carmen Brodeur JD
Trillium Properties, LLC
9825 E Bell Road, Suite 120, Scottsdale AZ 85260