As most residents of DC Ranch already know, Thompson Peak Parkway is a widely frequented road, and in areas such as the intersection near Copper Ridge School, speed has become an issue. The intersection is a major crossing area for students, which can be dangerous when paired with the growing number of speeding motorists. Concerned parents in DC Ranch have recently taken a stand to ensure the safety of their children, resulting in the new installation of photo radar and other precautions along this stretch of road.
Along with the new photo enforcement tool to be installed at the intersection of Thompson Peak Parkway and Windgate Pass Drive, the following safety measures will soon be arriving to regulate the speed within the school zone:
- New stop bars will be added to the intersection, placed five feet behind the crosswalk.
- Pedestrian crossing signs are to be moved and facing in the direction where the majority of drivers tend to enter the intersection.
- The light programming will change to a delayed green, giving one side the opportunity to make a left turn without opposing traffic.
- A “Speed Limit 35 MPH When Flashing Sign” will replace the current sign that displays the driver’s speed. This will alert drivers to slow down in the school zone.
- Greater police presence will help to enforce the existing speed limit.
The city of Scottsdale aims to complete these actions before the beginning of the school year. Many parents continue to express their concerns, hoping to see further improvements at other crosswalks in the area. Arizona has a “zero tolerance” policy for speeding, especially in school zones. Going even a few miles over the posted speed limit may earn you a ticket, so always make sure to slow down.
Many Scottsdale communities such as DC Ranch are ideal for raising families, due to the strong safety and security measures and the number of great schools in the area. To find out more about homes for sale in Scottsdale, call me at (602) 791-0536 or email Carmen@TopScottsdaleHomes.com.
Realtor | Attorney
The Brodeur Luxury Group | Trillium Properties
8755 E Bell Road, Suite 108 | Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Cell (602) 791-0536
Direct (800) 300-0263